Thursday, December 29, 2011

Molly makes...a hiding place for the cords!

I recently became fed up with the unsightly view of cords all over my desk. Above is a picture of a little contraption I created to help with this problem. I'm sure there are several ways to do this but I devised this way because I had all this on hand. Weird? Maybe

I also wanted to have a way that would make it easy for me to take the cords away from the desk and take it to another area. A bit noncommittal. 

What you'll need to make it:
  • liquid nails (I'm obsessed- it makes a weak girl feel powerful!)
  • piece of metal- I had this leftover from a different random project. It's actually something for roofing. I found it while scoping out Lowe's one day.
  • magnets
  • zip ties
  • hot glue gun


How to make it:

  • Attach metal piece to back of desk using liquid nails.
  • Tighten zip code around cord. I left a little room, in case I wanted to cut these later. 
  • Glue magnet onto zip tie. 

Nice and clean! No cords!

No comments:

Post a Comment